- The Site. This Site provides a service (“Service(s)”) whereby entities (“Collective Members”) with business, technical, engineering, scientific, logistical, or manufacturing problems whose solution requires a mathematical approach, may post such problems (“Altruistic Collective Projects/Challenges”) and offer a payment amount (each, a “Reward”) for solutions submitted by Collective Members (the community of mathematics specialists) for a specific Altruistic Project/Challenge via the website/Collective platform (“Proposed Solutions”), which the enterprise/company deems acceptable (“Accepted Solutions”) based upon the structure of the project. The Company/enterprise may be not-for-profit organizations, individuals, or other entities. Each project type has differing levels of difficulty, and information required from Collective Members. Some Altruistic challenge briefs only request limited information from Collective Members, but others contain detailed criteria for Accepted Solutions, such criteria located in password-protected areas of the Site (“Project Rooms”). By using this Site, you acknowledge that Altruistic does not control in any manner the nature, quality, legality, or timing of Altruistic Projects. You agree that Altruistic is a neutral forum for Altruistic Collective Projects and Collective Members Submitted Solutions.
Altruistic desires to make you use this Site in an enjoyable manner and will endeavours to keep postings related to the results of Submitted Solutions and Reward paid as current as possible. However, we do not guarantee that the postings or content on this Site will be always current. Furthermore, you understand that you may create a Proposed Solution for an Altruistic Project that may have a recently Accepted Solution, and for which the Reward has already been paid, and for which we have not yet updated the Site to reflect such payment.
- Eligibility. The Site is not available for use by minors unless supervised by an adult.
- Collective Member Registration. To be eligible to solve Altruistic Projects (as further described below) and access information in the Project Rooms, you must register as a Collective member and agree to the additional Non-Disclosure Agreement set forth in the Project-Specific Collective Agreement that may be applicable to individual Altruistic Projects. You may cancel your registration at any time by contacting email@example.com. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a password and a login name. You always agree that your registration information correctly represents your professional affiliation, experience, qualifications and ability to transact business. You may not use a login name of another Collective member. You may not disclose or share your password to any third parties or use your password for any unauthorized purposes. You agree to notify Altruistic at firstname.lastname@example.org of any unauthorized use of your account or breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your password or login information. Remember, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password(s).
- Other Information. Altruistic does not guarantee the accuracy of the Site or ownership of any information in a Altruistic Project Brief or the availability of any Reward, unless otherwise stated in an Altruistic Project Brief. While Altruistic believes such information to be posted in good faith, Altruistic does not control the information provided by others that is made available through the Site. Other user’s information may be inaccurate. You agree to look solely to the Collective Member/Enterprise for any claims you may have regarding their information. If you have a dispute with another user of the Services, you hereby release Altruistic from all claims of any kind arising out of such dispute. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code, Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favour at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
- Your Information. You may have the opportunity to communicate with other users. Any information you provide to Altruistic or other users during your registration or use of the Services, in any public message area, through any mail feature, or otherwise generated out of your use of the Services, is subject to the following:
- Your Content. You are solely responsible for the content of your information, postings, or Submitted Solutions. Altruistic acts merely as a conduit for the distribution and/or publication of that information. Altruistic reserves the right to take any action with respect to such information that it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if Altruistic believes information is inappropriate for the Site or the Services, may create liability for Altruistic, or may cause Altruistic to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its Internet service provider, advertisers, or other suppliers. You agree that your information will be accurate and will not, to the best of your knowledge: (a) infringe any third party’s copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy, (b) violate any law (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising), or (c) be libellous, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing. You may be asked to make legally binding warranties and representations to Altruistic and the customer in relation to a Solution that you submit.
- Additional Conditions Regarding Proposed Solutions. If you submit a Proposed Solution in response to an Altruistic Project Brief/Challenge, you agree that you are the owner of the submitted solution and that you are legally free to make the disclosure and to convey the intellectual property rights being offered to the Pitcher. You also agree that your Submitted Solution is subject to the additional terms and conditions in any applicable Non-Disclosure Agreement or Project-Specific Agreement.
- Payment. Payment of Rewards will be handled in accordance with the terms set forth in the Altruistic Project Brief/Challenge. The conditions for qualifying for a particular Reward shall be as set forth on the Site in connection with that Altruistic Project Brief/Challenge and Reward and may include a list of excluded solutions. The decision as to qualifying criteria and conditions and whether to accept a Proposed Solution is entirely within the discretion of the Customer. As an Altruistic Customer/User, you agree to pay 20% of the selected Proposed Solution Payment Reward as Altruistic fee within thirty (30) days. As a customer, you may be asked to agree to pay an additional 10% of the selected Proposed Solution Payment Reward in case you ask for the Altruistic experts’ support in managing the Project Brief.
- Ownership and Limited License. Altruistic shall retain all ownership in the Site and all content generated by it that is displayed on the Site. Altruistic grants you a nonexclusive, revocable right to use the Site if you do not (i) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, (ii) modify or attempt to modify the Site in any manner or form except that you have the right to modify your self-generated content on the Site. The license granted to you by Altruistic is a limited license to access and make personal use of this Site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of Altruistic. Except as set forth below, this license does not include any copying or distribution, resale or commercial use of this Site or its contents; any collection and use of any project listings, descriptions, or Rewards; any derivative use of this Site or its contents; any downloading or copying of Project information for the use or benefit of another; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This Site or any portion of this Site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Altruistic. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including Project descriptions, images, text, page layout, or form) of Altruistic without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing the Altruistic name or trademarks without the express written consent of Altruistic. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Altruistic. You are Collective Member granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of Altruistic.io so long as the link does not portray Altruistic, or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. You may not use any Altruistic logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
- Compliance with Rules. You agree not to use any device, software, or routine to interfere with the proper working of the Site or which is intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data or personal information. You agree not to take any action (including without limitation, spamming) that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure. You agree not to take any actions which may undermine the integrity of our system or the Services, such as: leaving feedback or ratings for yourself; using the Site in violation of local, state, national or international law; uploading of files or content that contain material that violates the intellectual property rights of any third party. You are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding your use of the Services and the transfer of the technologies or information with which you are involved, including without limitation, import/export requirements, and Altruistic expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility thereto.
- No Warranties. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. ALTRUISTIC MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING NO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, RESPECTING THE SERVICES.
- Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer. Altruistic has no control over and is not responsible for the acts or omissions of customers, or the quality or legality of the Proposed Solutions sought thereby. Altruistic does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any Altruistic Project Brief/Challenge, nor endorse any customer. ALTRUISTIC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS, EXPENSES OR OTHER COSTS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES) YOU SUFFER OR INCUR AS A RESULT OF THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ALTRUISTIC BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF £100 REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE. You agree that you will be responsible for, and atAltruistic’s request defend Altruistic from, third party claims arising out of information you provide to Altruistic for publication or any breach by you of this agreement. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of this Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action accrues or be forever barred.
- Harmful Substances. PLEASE NOTE THAT UNDERTAKING WORK RELATED TO ALTRUISTIC PROJECT BRIEFS POSTED ON THE SERVICE MAY REQUIRE THE USE OR SYNTHESIS OF BIOLOGICS OR CHEMICALS THAT COULD BE BACTERIALLY MUTAGENIC, TOXIC, CARCINOGENIC OR OTHERWISE HARMFUL TO YOU AND ANYONE ELSE THAT IS EXPOSED TO THEM, AND YOU UNDERTAKE THE CREATION OF SUCH PROPOSED SOLUTIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Other Contracts, Confidentiality, and Indemnification. You agree that you will not disclose to Altruistic or its affiliates, or to any customer/collective member, any information which you are under an existing contractual or other legal obligation to maintain in confidence or otherwise do not have the right to sell or license. You agree that you will not discuss any confidential information of your own, other parties, or the customer/collective member related to any Altruistic Project, unless you are specifically working within the confines of a Project Room through the Site. All information in Project Rooms shall be deemed “confidential information” for purposes of this Section 13. Should your participation in the Service be found to breach legal obligations you may have with other third parties or in the event of a breach of the confidentiality obligations in this Section 13, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Altruistic and customer, its and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, from and against all claims, actions or demands, liabilities, and settlements, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising in connection with such unauthorized and prohibited disclosure.
- Third-Party Web Site Links. The Site may contain links to Web sites operated by parties other than Altruistic. Such links are provided for reference only and Altruistic does not control such Websites and is not responsible for their contents. Altruistic’s inclusion of links to such Websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such Websites or any association with their operators.
- No Third-Party Reliance. You agree that you will not present to third parties any content or material in a manner that could be construed as conveying sponsorship, endorsement, option, or representation or warranty of Altruistic. This agreement shall have no third-party beneficiaries, other than certain customers in accordance with the terms of the applicable Non-Disclosure Agreement or Project-Specific Agreement.
- Copyright. All content included on this Site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Altruistic or its customers and protected by UK and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Altruistic and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of Altruistic or its software suppliers and protected by UK and international copyright laws.